- Netflix programs downloaded onto an iPad will expire after a few days, so make sure you renew them if you know you're going to want some entertainment without going online in the coming days.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
In truth, Netflix shows downloaded onto my son's iPad have been the saving grace of many a long road trip. There's only so long that he can draw, read, or chat with us parents up in the front seats before we all agree it's time for the headphones to go on and for him to enjoy an episode or three of "Octonauts" or "Inspector Gadget."
Downloading Netflix shows onto an iPad is easy, and it allows you to view the show any time you want, even without access to the web. Shows or movies downloaded onto an iPad from Netflix will expire after several days (typically 48 hours to a week), however, so make sure you renew the download before that road trip, flight, or power outage.
How to download Netflix movies and shows onto your iPad
1. Launch the Netflix app and search for the show you wish to download.
2. Tap the downward facing arrow at the bottom right corner of the episode to be saved.
3. A circle around a square icon will display as the show (or movie) is downloaded, then a box with a checkmark will appear once it has been downloaded.
How to watch downloaded Netflix programs on iPad
1. At the bottom of the Netflix page, tap the word "Downloads."
2. Tap the movie to watched, or open the show series, then tap the episode you want to watch.
Your media will begin playing, no internet access required.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- Can iPads get viruses? Here's what you need to know
- How to clear the cache on your iPhone and make it run faster
- How to change or reset your iPad's passcode, even if you don't know what the passcode is
- How to restore your iPad from a backup after resetting it
NOW WATCH: Watch Google's I/O 2019 event in 7 minutes
- How to use the 'Screen Time' feature on an iPad to customize and set parental controls for your children
- 'Why won't my iPad charge?': How to diagnose and fix common iPad charging issues
- How to add a wireless printer to your iPad and print from it, using AirPrint or a third-party app
SEE ALSO: The best tablets you can buy