- Sephora has ended its partnership with Olivia Jade Giannuli, the beauty brand announced on Thursday.
- Olivia Jade's parents "Full House" star Lori Loughlin and the fashion designer Mossimo Giannulli accused on Tuesday of agreeing to pay $500,000 in bribes to facilitate Olivia Jade's and her sister's admission to the University of Southern California.
- Olivia Jade previously promoted Sephora in sponsored Instagram posts and collaborated on a product with the company.
Sephora has canceled its partnership with Olivia Jade Giannulli after her parents were charged in an explosive college-admissions bribery scandal.
"After careful review of recent developments, we have made the decision to end the Sephora Collection partnership with Olivia Jade, effective immediately," a Sephora represenative said in a statement to Business Insider on Thursday.
Olivia Jade Giannulli previously posted Instagram posts sponsored by Sephora and collaborated on an exclusive product with the beauty brand.
On Tuesday, federal agents charged Loughlin and Mossimo Giannulli with agreeing to pay $500,000 in bribes in exchange for having Olivia Jade and her sister, Isabella Rose, designated as recruits to the USC crew team to facilitate their admission to USC; neither girl participates in crew.
An affidavit released by the Justice Department said that to perpetuate the falsehood that Olivia Jade Giannulli was an accomplished rower, Mossimo Giannulli allegedly photographed her on an indoor rowing machine and sent the photo to William Rick Singer, the ringleader of the scheme who was identified in filings as CW-1, to be included on a fabricated athletic profile.
The affidavit, which detailed charges against 32 parents, quoted an email from Loughlin to Singer in which she said her daughter was confused about how to submit her college application after being recruited as a USC rower. An employee of Singer's submitted it for her, the document said.
No students were charged; prosecutors said that in most cases the students didn't know their parents were involved in bribes.
As news has spread of the charges against Loughlin and Mossimo Giannulli, Olivia Jade Giannulli, who has more than 1 million Instagram followers and close to 2 million YouTube subscribers, is facing some backlash.
Comments on sponsored Instagram posts paid for by Amazon Prime Student and Direct Smile Club that highlighted her status as a USC student have been flooded with criticisms of her.
- Inside the fabulous life of Lori Loughlin's Instagram-famous daughter Olivia Jade, whose parents were charged in an explosive college-admissions scandal
- People are demanding that Sephora cut ties with Lori Loughlin's Instagram-famous daughter Olivia Jade after she was connected to an explosive college-admissions bribery scandal
- Amazon and Sephora hired Lori Loughlin's Instagram-famous daughter as an influencer before her parents were charged in an explosive college-admissions bribery scandal