- 99,975 pounds of chicken products are being recalled from Walmart , Winn-Dixie, and other grocery stores.
- VICS Acquisition is recalling 1.5-pound bags of Happi Foodi Bloody Mary Inspired Chicken, Southeast Grocers Brand Marsala Chicken, and Southeast Grocers Brand Mediterranean Herb Chicken.
- The chicken products contain egg, an allergen that is not listedon the packaging.
More than 99,000 pounds of chicken are being recalled due to egg contamination concerns.
VICS Acquisition is recalling 99,975 pounds of chicken products that contain eggs, an ingredient that is not mentioned on the packaging, the US Department of Agricultures Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced on Sunday.
The chicken was sold under the brands Happi Foodi Bloody Mary Inspired Chicken, as well as Southeast Grocers Brand Marsala Chicken and Southeast Grocers Brand Mediterranean Herb Chicken.
Happi Foodi is a frozen food line that launched in 2018 and that is sold at Walmart locations across the US. VICS Acquisition is recalling 1.5-pound packages of Happi Foodi Bloody Mary Inspired Chicken from locations across the country, with the use by dates of March 2, 2020 and April 15, 2020.
Southeast Grocers is the parent company of the Southern grocery chains BI-LO, Harveys and Winn-Dixie. The affected 1.5-pound packages of the brand's chicken were shipped to stores in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, and South Carolina. Southeast Grocers Brand Marsala Chicken have the use by dates of February 8, 2020 and March 3, 2020; Mediterranean Herb Chicken packages have the use by dates of February 7, 2020 and March 4, 2020.
The issue was discovered on February 8, in a review of the chicken products' labels. The USDA reports that there have been no reports of illnesses or other adverse reactions related to the chicken.
NOW WATCH: Why this rose gold watch costs $400,000
- Walmart is the biggest retailer in the world, but its stores in other countries often go by different names. Here's what they look like and what you can buy there.
- Anybody can now offer free 2-day shipping on Walmart.com and Amazon should be worried
- Amazon just invested in a secretive self-driving car startup lead by former Tesla, Uber, and Google executives