- Los Angeles Lakers point guard Rajon Rondo sank a clutch jumper from the elbow to beat the buzzer and lift Los Angeles past his former team, the Boston Celtics, Thursday night.
- Hours prior to the exciting matchup, Rondo hit a similar shot while shooting around with his son at TD Garden.
- Check the videos of the pre-game shot and the actual buzzer beater below:
Rajon Rondo came up clutch against his former team.
The Lakers point guard sank a jumper as time expired to lift Los Angeles past the Boston Celtics in Thursday night's down-to-the-wire matchup at TD Garden.
With 11.5 seconds remaining, the Lakers pushed up the floor with a chance to win the game. Brandon Ingram powered into the lane and missed a reverse layup with time winding down. Center Tyson Chandler managed to tip the ball back out to Rondo at the elbow, who went straight up with a shot to beat the buzzer.
Fortunately for Los Angeles, the veteran point guard had gotten some practice in before the big moment.
Rondo who played for the Celtics from 2006 to 2015 returned to TD Garden and put some shots up with his son hours before the game. During the shootaround, Rondo knocked down a shot similar to his game-winning buzzer beater, and people took notice.
Check out the side-by-side videos below:
- The key to an Anthony Davis trade may be a 20-year-old Celtics player who has the entire saga in limbo
- LeBron James' second game back with the Lakers, amid swirling trade rumors, was a disaster
- The Pelicans reportedly want the Lakers to keep bidding against themselves for Anthony Davis, and it could lead to an unprecedented haul