- The Denver Nuggets beat the Los Angeles Clippers, 121-100, on Thursday night.
- Nikola Jokic was once again the star for the Nuggets, posting his 21st career triple-double.
- One pass from Jokic was a full-court stunner to Jamal Murray that put him in the conversation for assist of the year.
The Denver Nuggets beat the Los Angeles Clippers, 121-100, on Thursday night to remain atop the Western Conference.
Nikola Jokic was once again the centerpiece of the Nuggets' victory as he picked up his 21st career triple-double with 18 points, 14 rebounds, and 10 assists. But while Jokic's numbers looked good on paper, one highlight had to be seen to be believed.
Jokic unleashed a full-court pass to Jamal Murray that is acontender for assist of the year.
The pass is even more impressive when seen from below the basket, with Jokic's speed and smooth motion on full display.
After the game, Nuggets coach Michael Malone sounded as blown away by the pass as many fans at home. "He could play for NFL teams the way he passes the ball," he said.
While an NFL career might be a ways off, Jokic's recent run has the Nuggets standing atop a Western Conference stacked with quality teams if he can keep it going, an MVP award might not be far off.
- James Harden dropped Jamal Murray with a filthy behind-the-back crossover and step-back three reminiscent of his 2018 Wesley Johnson ankle breaker
- Jeremy Lin told a great story about how Mike D'Antoni 'empowers' players and helped inspire the famous Linsanity run
- Two months into his 76ers tenure, Jimmy Butler is already butting heads with the team over his role