- A floating, mansion-like yacht was shown at the 60th annual Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show.
- It's being touted as the world's first yacht to be made entirely out of stainless steel.
- A spokesperson for the company told FOX Business that "a few billionaires " had expressed interest in the vessel.
- The asking price for the base 9,000-square-foot model is $12 million.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
A vessel named Mansion Yacht was shown at the 60th annual Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show , and people have been buzzing about it ever since. According to FOX Business, the yacht is the first ever to be made entirely from stainless steel.
"It does a whole bunch of other things that a normal yacht doesn't do, so it doesn't replace an ocean-going yacht, but it definitely is a great addition to the yacht family," Bruno Edwards of Mansion Yachts told FOX Business.
Edwards told Business Insider that the company's base 9,000-square-foot model has an asking price of $12 million. And apparently, "a few billionaires " had already expressed their interests.
"This will be the first one that we sell," Edwards told FOX Business. "We've already had a lot of interest, so we are waiting on our first contract."
In the meantime, scroll down to learn more and to look inside the stunning Mansion Yacht.
- The president of a luxury lifestyle management company says millionaires are avoiding 'cookie cutter' trips in favor of immersive experiences and it's changing how the ultrawealthy vacation
- The Croatian city featured in 'Game of Thrones' is so flooded with tourists that it may ban new restaurants. It's one of many cities buckling under the weight of overtourism.
- Billionaire hedge-fund manager Cliff Asness just listed his Miami penthouse for $29.5 million only a year after buying it because he wants to upgrade to a bigger home. Here's a look inside.