- The Frankfurt Motor Show runs from September 12-22 and serves as a showcase for the German auto industry.
- German automakers plan to stage numerous debuts.
- Land Rover, however, should also debut its much-anticipated Defender SUV.
- Here are some of the reveals and concepts we're looking forward to.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
The Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA), colloquially known as the Frankfurt Motor Show, is held every other year and serves as a showcase for the German auto industry.
Media previews are kicking off and we're expecting debuts from Audi, BMW, and Mercedes-Benz, as well as other non-Teutonic car makers, including Jaguar Land Rover.
Electric vehicles both conceptual and practical should populate the show floor. But much of the pre-show chatter has been about the weakening of Germany's stalwart auto industry, amid a broader discussion about a downturn in Europe. The Frankfurt Motor Show runs from September 12-22. Here are some of the cool concepts and production vehicles were excited about:
- I pitted a Ford F-150 against a Chevy Silverado in the ultimate pickup-truck showdown here's the verdict
- The Boeing 747 and the Airbus A330 are two of the most popular choices for presidential jets. Here's how the world's leaders travel.
- More than 3,000 truck drivers have lost their jobs in 2019 as the transportation 'bloodbath' unfolds. Here's the list of bankrupt trucking companies.