- Architect Frank Lloyd Wright designed only three homes in Texas.
- One of them is now for sale in Houston for $2.85 million.
- In 1995, the home underwent renovations that added 6,400 square feet of living space to the property. The dining room, den, and living area are still furnished with Wright originals.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The six-bedroom property , called the William Thaxton house, is for sale for $2.85 million.
The original home built in 1955 was supposed to cost around $5,000, but William Thaxton was eager to bring residents to the countryside and called upon Wright to design a home in the $110,000 to $115,000 range on Bunker Hill (equivalent to around $1.1 million today), Joyner told Business Insider.
Joyner also confirmed to Business Insider that in true Wright fashion, everything in the original house was designed on a 60- or 120-degree angle. He also built all the furniture. Today, every piece of furniture in the dining room, den, and living area is a Wright original. Only a few properties still include Wright's furniture.
In 1995, Kirksey Architecture renovated the Thaxton House by adding a patio, courtyard, and additional living space, according to the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy .
Keep reading to see the multimillion-dollar home.
- Forget San Francisco these 6 global cities have thriving tech hubs that could make them the next Silicon Valley
- A 13-bedroom mansion in Scotland that used to be a prison is on the market for $3.3 million here's a look inside the renovated home
- 5 Hollywood celebrities who became billionaires and are vastly more rich than their peers