- Dr. Dre may not have become "the first billionaire in hip-hop " as he promised in 2014, but he is still one of the richest men in the business.
- Dre has a net worth of $770 million, according to Forbes. Much of his fortune comes from the sale of Beats Electronics to Apple in 2014.
- The producer and musician used his wealth to purchase multiple luxury properties in Los Angeles, in addition to setting up a program in his name at USC .
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Dr. Dre may not have become "the first billionaire in hip-hop" as he promised in 2014, but he's still one of the richest men in the business. Forbes gave that title to Jay-Z , whose investments in Tidal and champagne brand Armand de Brignac raised him to billionaire status in June 2019.
Keep reading to see how Dr. Dre made and spends his millions.
- 5 Hollywood celebrities who became billionaires and are vastly more rich than their peers
- A 13-bedroom mansion in Scotland that used to be a prison is on the market for $3.3 million here's a look inside the renovated home
- The top 18 states rich millennials are moving to