- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg turned 86 on Friday.
- Many began to speculate when Ginsburgwould step down from the bench after Justice Anthony Kennedy announced his retirement last year.
- But Ginsburg is not defined by her 86 years of age. She works out with her personal trainer, Bryant Johnson, twice a week for an hour.
- Her workout is a series of full body strength exercises that target arms, chest, legs, back, shoulders, glutes, and abs.
- I decided to give Ginsburg's workout a try for two weeks here's what happened.
Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg turned 86 years old on Friday.
If you are looking for evidence that Ginsburgisn't retiring anytime soon, just try her workout.
After Justice Anthony Kennedy announced his retirement , people began speculating when the liberal bastion might step down from the bench.But Ginsburg works out with her personal trainer, Bryant Johnson, twice a week. She has called him " the most important person in her life ."
Johnson and Ginsburg have been doing the one-hour workout that he details in his book, " The RBG Workout: How She Stays Strong and You Can Too "for 18 years, aside from the three years he was deployed in Kuwait.
The workout starts with a five-minute warm-up and light stretching followed by a strength training session that includes push-ups, planks, chest presses, squats, and hip abductor exercises, then another round of stretches to cool down.
Here's what happened when I tried the workout for two weeks.
- The 50 happiest cities in America, ranked
- 10 teenagers who are probably making more money than you
- Disappointing photos show what all-inclusive resorts look like in real life