- Every July, the biggest names in Silicon Valley and media gather at Sun Valley Lodge in Idaho for an exclusive conference hosted by investment bank Allen & Co.
- The lodge is home to a full-service spa, cozy fireplaces, and stunning mountain views.
- The event is often called "summer camp for billionaires ."
Every year in July, investment bank Allen & Co. holds an exclusive conference in Sun Valley, Idaho. It's a time for the top executives of America's media, technology, and sports industries to hobnob and make deals.
Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg, Apple CEO Tim Cook, LinkedIn cofounder Reid Hoffman and Kering CEO Francois-Henri Pinault are among the 2019 attendees . The 2019 conference runs from July 11 to July 16, according to CNBC . The annual congregation of wealthy businesspeople has earned itself the name "summer camp for billionaires," and it's credited with kindling major mergers like that of Comcast and NBC Universal.
Below, take an inside look at the massive and beautiful venue that plays host to this star-studded event: the famous Sun Valley Lodge.
Brittany Kriegstein contributed reporting to an earlier version of this article.
- Giorgio Armani, one of the richest men in fashion, turns 85 today. Take a look at how the legendary designer spends his nearly $7 billion fortune, from a 213-foot yacht to homes in Italy, France, and the Caribbean
- A look inside the marriage of the richest couple in history, Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos who met before Amazon started, were married for 25 years, and are now getting divorced
- Donald Trump Jr. just bought a $4.5 million house in the Hamptons with his girlfriend. Take a look inside the 7-bedroom home that sits in a waterfront gated community.