- The 2019 Los Angeles auto show kicks off this week with numerous new car reveals in the City of Angels.
- Some automakers are also bringing out their concept cars.
- The story in LA this year has swung back to electrification, away from the high-tech, self-driving narrative that's dominated the industry for the past few years.
- The 2019 LA auto show opens to the public on November 22 and runs through December 1.
- Sign up for Business Insider's transportation newsletter, Shifting Gears, to get more stories like this in your inbox.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
For the past few years, the big story in the auto industry has been about self-driving cars.
But at the 2019 LA auto show, electric vehicles are back in the driver's seat. On the Sunday before show week started, Ford rocked the house with the reveal of its much anticipated Mustang Mach-E electric crossover . Numerous other carmakers are expected to follow Ford's lead.
Here's a rundown of all the vehicles and concepts we're looking forward to seeing in LA:
- We drove a $44,000 Nissan Leaf Plus to figure out if this 2019 Car of the Year runner-up is ready to take on Tesla
- Ford just revealed its Mustang Mach-E SUV the first new Mustang-branded vehicle since 1964 and a Tesla challenger
- Uber's founders are starting to cash out. Here's the pitch deck they created back in 2008, way before the company was a $45 billion ride-hailing giant.