- Mountains are some of the most fascinating landforms on Earth.
- The tallest mountains in the world are all in Asia, mostly in China, Nepal, Pakistan, and India.
- We compiled photos of the tallest mountain in 31 different countries.
Whether you're an adventurer, a nature lover, or just a sightseer, mountains make for some of the most fascinating landforms on Earth.
When it comes to the highest mountains in the world, Asia is where the action is the continent is home to the 188 tallest mountains in the world, most of which are in China, Nepal, Pakistan, and India.
But with each country listed by just its tallest mountain, many other countries float up the list. Argentina has the 10th tallest national high point, Aconcagua, while the United States' tallest mountain, Denali, is 15th on the list.
Read more: The highest point in every US state
We've compiled breathtaking photos of the tallest mountains in 31 different countries, listed in reverse order. Some peaks, like the tallest mountain in the world, are claimed by two countries, so they're listed together here. Measurements were taken from Peakbagger.com .
Read on to see where each country ranks among the giants.
- 9 things productive people do before noon
- A SoHo triplex penthouse got a $5.5 million price chop, but it could still break the record for the most expensive apartment ever sold in downtown NYC
- I spent 2 hours at a luxury wellness center in NYC getting a vitamin IV drip and testing out an infrared sauna, and now I see what the hype is all about
SEE ALSO: The highest point in every US state
DON'T MISS: The tallest building in every US state