- No one wants to be stranded by the side of the road. However, emergencies do happen and we all need to be prepared to handle them.
- Here are 12 things you should keep in your car at all time in case of disaster.
- They range from food, water, and warm clothing to emergency survival kits and window breakers.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
No one wants to be stranded by the side of the road. However, emergencies do happen and we all need to be prepared to handle them. As a result, it's imperative that we keep select emergency supplies in our cars at all times.
Even though some added weight to your car may negatively fuel economy, the following collection of emergency supplies will surely come in handy if you're ever stuck in a tough spot. Not everyone will need everything on the list, but it surely won't hurt to have them all.
Read more : 7 ways to make your car last longer and save you money .
The items can generally be broken down into three different categories. The first being survival supplies. Naturally, keep you and your passengers alive should always be the top priority. The second category is comprised of the tools that will help you escape danger, get assistance, or hopefully get you back on the road again.
Here's a closer look at 12 things you should keep in your car at all time in case of disaster:
- I drove the Ford Ranger and the Chevy Colorado to see which midsize pickup truck was better and the winner was clear
- American Airlines CEO reveals why a small Italian airline is the focus of the nastiest feud in the airline industry
- The 10 worst major airports in the world