- American Express is opening a new Centurion Lounge at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.
- One of the best credit card benefits that comes with the Platinum Card from American Express is extensive access to airport lounges.
- The best are AmEx's own proprietary Centurion Lounges.
- Cardholders also get complimentary access to Delta Sky Clubs and Priority Pass-affiliated lounges.
American Express Platinum cardholders have another new airport lounge to look forward to.
AmEx has announced its newest Centurion Lounge will be opening at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, the sixth new location announced in the past two years.
Currently scheduled to open in 2020, the Phoenix Centurion Lounge joins lounges currently under construction in New York's JFK airport, Los Angeles, Denver, Charlotte, and London Heathrow.
The Phoenix lounge will be located in Terminal 4, which serves major airlines including American Airlines and Southwest.
In addition, AmEx is working with MAG USA, an airport experience company, to open a third-party Escape Lounge.
While Centurion Lounges are exclusive to AmEx Platinum cardholders , customers with the small-business version of the card (the Business Platinum Card from American Express ), and the invite-only Centurion Card members, the Escape Lounges can also be accessed by anyone who purchases a day pass for $45 (or $40 in advance).
According to American Express, both lounges will offer complimentary food, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, seating areas, Wi-Fi, showers, and more. Since cardholders have access to both, they can choose either space, depending on which has more space.
The Phoenix location is the first new Centurion Lounge to be announced in 2019, and represents a continued push to offer demonstrable value as competition among rewards credit cards remains high.
Including Phoenix, six new locations are slated to open between this year and 2020 the others are in New York-JFK , Denver International Airport , Los Angeles International Airport , Charlotte Douglas Airport, and London Heathrow . AmEx currently operates eight Centurion Lounges in US airports, and one in Hong Kong.
In addition to the Centurion Lounges, American Express operates 11 "International American Express Lounges" at foreign airports, including in Mumbai, Delhi, Buenos Aires, Mexico City, Sydney, and, most recently announced, Melbourne . International lounges tend to to vary depending on the market, while Centurion Lounges are designed to offer a relatively consistent experience, according to a representative for AmEx.
Aside from the American Express-branded lounges, AmEx Platinum cardholders can access Delta Sky Club lounges at 33 airports when flying with Delta, and more than 1,200 additional lounges through the Priority Pass network.
Click here to learn about the AmEx Platinum Card from Insider Picks' partner: The Points Guy
- Most people don't realize this Delta credit card comes with an annual companion plane ticket it can be an incredible value if you use it right
- 8 of the best credit card deals this June including a $12 flight to Hawaii and an exclusive AmEx Platinum welcome offer only some people can get
- 2 AmEx credit cards get you into any Delta lounge, but one goes even further