A sigh of relief to all parents!!
According to the Principal Secretary, Belio Kipsang, the Ministry has extended the form one admission to Wednesday, January 17, to allow schools to enroll more students.
Earlier on the admissions were supposed to be finalized on Friday, January 12.
“Due to overwhelming turn up of students in some regions, and slow turn up especially in Coast region, and being considerate not to lock out any child, the cabinet secretary has authorized the extension,” Kipsang said on Saturday.
This comes after, acting Education CS Fred Matiang’i expressed concern over low Form One uptake in the Coast region.
He cited the example of Kwale County where only 754 students had reported by Friday against 5,568 available vacancies.
The CS spoke while addressing county commissioners and security officers at the Kenya School of Government, Nairobi.
Kipsang said replacements for students who fail to take up their slots by the end of Wednesday will be done on Friday, January 19.
The move is part of government's efforts to achieve a 100 percent transition of students from primary to secondary schools.
“Those selected during the replacement exercise will be expected to report by January 23,” he said.