South African music producer and DJ Heavy K will headline the Blankets & Wine in Kampala, Uganda, on 6th May alongside other artistes including Fik Fameica and Rwanda's The Ben.
The highly anticipated event will also be graced by Eth, Play 01, R'Afrika, The Roots Warriors, A Ka Dope Band, and Tonya.
Heavy K has worked on chart topping house music in South Africa and collaborated with the country's top house musicians.
Read Also: Chameleone responds to critics who believe he is begging Bryan White money
Heavy K (Facebook)
Here are the 8 things you didn't know about him
- Heavy K's real name is Mkhululi Siqula
- He is 26 years old
- Heavy K met the love of his life at a club in Grahamstown in the Eastern Cape in 2014 -- they have two kids together
- He started producing music in his room at the age of 16.
- Heavy K has worked with 'dream artistes' like ‘Big Nuzz’, ‘Tira’, ‘Cyndo’, ‘Blackcoffee’, ‘Mahoota’, ‘Revolution’, ‘Black Motion’, ‘Dj Sox’ and ‘Professor and Speedy’.
- Considers himself special and believes music is a calling: "That is why I'm humble," he says.
- He is happy with his weight and he is happy the way he is: "I'm not here for that, mine is to make great music".
- Heavy K initially wanted to be a scientist and would like to study Information Technology some time.